While Sakurajima allows people to share and discuss ideas, there are limits to what type of content you can post to keep the place a safe and welcoming place for everyone. The Anime Blogosphere and the Japanese media content space is diverse and inclusive to everyone. Note that breaking the rules will result in warnings, which will lead to account suspensions and bans.
This place is a highly moderated server like Mastodon.Art/Artisian.chat, and we may yeet servers preemptively (except for servers that follow the Mastodon Covenant, which are required to moderate against hate speech and harassment) if the server’s admins/mods directly interact with FediNuke sites. This is especially the case if a user breaks our rules and we find out there are interactions from admins/mods with these servers. We won’t necessarily block free-speech instances unless they break our rules and start harassing our members. If this is the case, they may be limited most of the time. On the other hand, if they are hostile, we may just simply yeet them aka suspend/defederate with them. We also monitor @email@example.com (Fediblock, deduped) for any problematic servers and block them when necessary.
- You may not harass/bully people, incite violence, and/or post hate speech (e.g. racism, homophobia, transphobia, ableism, etc). This includes other abusive behavior such as cyberbullying, brigading/dogpiling, doxxing, trolling, swatting, sending death threats, abusing #fediblock tag, etc.
- Do not post misinformation (Anti-Vaxx, Covid-19 misinformation, 5G conspiracy theories) or anything to extremist movements (National Socialism, Alt-Right, Ultra-MAGA, etc)
- Do not post images associated with hate movements, extremist ideologies or groups (Confederate States, Alt-Right, etc.).
- NSFW content must be tagged. No posting of underaged sexual-explicit content (real life and lolicon/shotacon) is allowed. There is an exception clause for Japanese servers.
- Properly credit artwork that you didn’t create. Use #AIArt for any artwork that is generated from AI so users can properly filter it.
- Do not post SPAM, links to scam sites, pirated materials, phishing sites, or websites that break federal laws. Self promotion is OK, as long the links are safe and does not break the above rules.
- By using this service, you are expected to follow the laws of the United States of America. Refrain from posting anything that may break federal laws.
- No mini-modding is allowed. If you see any post break the rules, report the post instead.
- Sensitive content (e.g. violence, blood/gore, NSFW) and other potentially upsetting or triggering topics should be put behind a content warning. It is recommended to put any spoilers, food, eye contact, and political content behind a content warning, but not necessarily required.
Sakurajima moderators are responsible for clarifying the standards of acceptable behavior and are expected to take appropriate and fair corrective action in response to any instances of unacceptable behavior.
Moderators have the right and responsibility to silence or delete messages and user accounts that are not aligned to this Code of Conduct, or to suspend temporarily or permanently any contributor for other behaviors that they deem inappropriate, threatening, offensive, or harmful.
Parts of this Code of Conduct related to hateful or illegal conduct apply within activities on the urusai.social instance and elsewhere. Our members cannot feel safe knowing that people who espouse harmful ideologies are present on this server, and we will strive to keep those people away.
Instances of abusive, harassing, or otherwise unacceptable behavior may be reported either via Mastodon’s/Calckey’s built-in “Report” tools, or by contacting the owner of this instance (firstname.lastname@example.org). All complaints will be reviewed and investigated and will result in a response that is deemed necessary and appropriate to the circumstances. The moderators and owner are obligated to maintain confidentiality with regard to the reporter of an incident. Further details of specific enforcement policies may be posted separately.
Moderators who do not follow or enforce the Code of Conduct in good faith may face temporary or permanent repercussions as determined by other moderators or the instance owner.
Moderation lists are hidden due to abuse by bad actors using scraping tools to target instances. However, you can see the list when you log in.You may request the moderation list by sending an email to the administrative contact.
Server Exceptions to Rule 4
In regards to rule 4, accounts that are on servers specified on the list whose users post lolicon/shoutacon will be limited (removed from the public timeline) unless deemed obscene by US Law. Since this is a Japanese-media centric fandom server, we will only make an exception for the following servers (not an exhaustive list):
Misskey.io Misskey.art Misskey.design mstdn.jp fedibird.com sushi.ski
Note: Pawoo is limited with media rejected due to insufficient moderation, thus does not apply.
This rule exception exists since Mastodon lacks the ability to filter posts globally via keywords that explicitly mentions this content or having user-level media reject. Those servers that are not in this list would get handled normally.
Regardless, boosting of lolicon/shoutacon is prohibited, user may be warned and/or punished if they do so. Any servers outside of Japan that serve lolicon/shoutacon content will be suspended consistent to our policy.
Actual CSAM content is still prohibited, regardless if users are on the servers mentioned on this list..
On our Calckey Instance (sakurajima.social) no media is cached whatsoever from external instances. Only accounts that primarily post loli/shouta may be subject to being silence or suspended (if obscene) if it’s majority of their content. However, reacting, boosting, favoriting these content is against the rules, and may result in the user getting punished (boosts will appear on timeline).
Note that we moderate our instance on our free time, but we will respond to any reports within 24-48 hours. Contact the admin for immediate assistance.
Use the reporting feature on Mastodon or your third party app so we will get notified of any rule breaking content.
Harassing admins/mods may lead to an instant ban.
Help from the main instance, for now.
This Code of Conduct is adapted from Gamedev.place’s instance which is itself adapted from the Contributor Covenant, version 1.4, available at https://www.contributor-covenant.org/version/1/4/code-of-conduct.html. The Contributor Covenant was created by Coraline Ada Ehmke in 2014 and is released under the CC BY 4.0 License.